Can't find what you are looking for?
Try our search navigation!
8 Tips To Speed Up Your Metabolism & Lose Weight
1. Eat 5 to 6 small meals a day- Eating 5 to 6 small meals a day helps to speed up your metabolism and allows you to burn more calories throughout the day. Eating like this allows your body to work harder more often which will help you to burn more calories throughout the day.
2. Drink Green Tea- Green tea is a great catalyst in speeding up your metabolism and helps to aid digestion. It also helps to fight many diseases and does a great job in controlling your blood sugar.
3. Drink Water Daily- You should drink 6 to 8 glasses of water per day which helps to make your body more full and satisfied when dieting. It also does a great job in preventing food binges. If your body does not have enough water then it will have difficulty speeding up your metabolism to help you lose weight
4. Get Quality Sleep! You should be sleeping at least 7 to 8 hours a night if you can. Your body builds and repairs muscle when it is resting not when it is training. If you want your body to work with you it needs proper rest and strength to do its proper job of losing weight.
5. Be Physically Active- You need to be incorporating some physical activity to help you speed up your metabolism. It could be walking, jogging, running or even riding your bike. Being physically active really allows your body to continuously burn calories throughout the day. The best time to eat is right after your physical exercise because your body can absorb the nutrients and handle the fat, sugars and carbs.
6. Don’t Eat Too Late- When you eat breakfast you give yourself the proper carbs to give you energy throughout the day well when you eat right before you go to bed you leave your body at a very precarious stage to shut down and take in all those calories without having an opportunity to burn it. Make sure that you don’t eat past 8pm and if you do then make sure you go to sleep at least 3 hours after you have had your last meal. This will allow giving your food the proper time to burn and digest properly.
7. Build Muscle- Always incorporate weight-training in your routine which really helps to speed up your metabolism and burn calories throughout the day. You can weight-train with machines or even free weight. You can also build muscle with resistance bands training which is great for toning your overall body. Remember weight-training will burn more calories throughout the day then cardiovascular training. Building muscle always translates to speeding up your metabolism.
8. Never Skip Breakfast- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it really is integral in jump-starting your metabolism throughout the day as soon as you wake up. It gives you the proper energy to function throughout the day and this is also when you should consume the most carbs. Your breakfast should be a combination of high fiber, protein and low sugars.
If you can follow these tips you will definitely be on your way to having a fast metabolism which will help you lose weight and stay lean.
Exclusive information from top medical doctors, strength coaches and scientists that you can't find anywhere else, right to your email!